Jaguar Land Rover - Solihull & Castle Bromwich
DATE: 2012-2015 | CLIENT: URS
- Micro-simulation model
- 3D videos
- Technical notes and reports on proposal impacts
- Model developed over 24 hour period, as opposed to only modelling the normal peak hours, to understand impacts of proposals across full working day.
- Modelling of multi-storey car park using 'real' spaces
Large, complex VISSIM models were developed for both sites, incorporating the detailed internal workings of the entire factory over a 24 hour period. The surrounding highway network was also modelled to allow impacts of any proposed changes to be assessed for the wider network.
This models were used for multiple projects, including:
- Testing internal road and delivery bay layouts
- Testing different delivery schedules and shift patterns
- Testing future growth
- Assessing impacts of the above on the surrounding highway network
One of the Solihull models primary uses was to analyse and assess a proposed on-site employee multi-storey car park, considering both the effects within the site and on the local highway network. This project has now been completed onsite.